What is Jazz International Roaming?
Jazz International Roaming allows Jazz customers to use their Mobilink connections even while they are traveling overseas. Subscribers using roaming can receive calls or make calls back to Pakistan and other countries using their mobile phones as well as send and receive SMS messages. This service also allows Jazz customers to remain in touch on their existing mobile number wherever they are.
*Please note that the availability of the Jazz International Roaming service is dependent on the Foreign Network, its Coverage and the Handset used.
- No security deposit and zero activation charges: Subscribers do not need to pay any security deposit or extra charges for activation of the service.
- Convenience with One Number, One Card:
Subscribers can be contacted at their existing Jazz mobile number while roaming overseas, without the need or hassle of changing their mobile number or purchasing a separate SIM card each time they are in a new destination.
- Easy to Use: With the simple keying in of numbers, subscribers can initiate a call, send an SMS or conduct a balance enquiry anytime, anywhere.
- Free incoming SMS: With the simple keying in of numbers, subscribers can initiate a call, send an SMS or conduct a balance enquiry anytime, anywhere.
- Multiple recharge options: Customers may recharge their balance through scratch cards. Also, by requesting family or friends to visit any Jazz Load outlet, the account can be recharged through Jazz Load.
- More control over expenditure: Jazz International Roamers can easily check their remaining balance by keying in *111# anytime. This allows convenience of tracking and control over call expenses.
What are the features available on Jazz International Roaming?
With Jazz International Roaming , customers are able to
- Make and receive calls
- Send and receive SMS
- Check remaining balance
- Recharge balance
How can this service be activated?
Customers simply need to call the Mobilink Helpline at 111 and have their IR activated*.
*Conditions apply. Zero activation charge is for a limited time only
Can this service be used anywhere in the world?
Jazz International roaming is now available in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Belgium, Bangladesh, Turkey, UK, Egypt, Norway, Morocco, Thailand, Singapore, Kuwait and Sri Lanka.
What are the roaming call and SMS charges?
Please refer to the tariff table for details on charges.
How can balance be recharged?
Customers may recharge their balance according to the following three methods
- Customers can carry Jazz scratch cards while on roaming and load balance by simply keying in *123*followed by 14 digit number on scratch card then # and press SEND.
- Family or friends can visit any Jazz Load outlet and have balance transferred to any Jazz Prepaid Roamer.
How will this service be billed?
After every call made, received or SMS sent, the appropriate amount will automatically be deducted from the subscriberâ€™s balance.
What will have to be done upon reaching an international destination?
Simply switching on the mobile phone will automatically select our partner network. Subscribers will be connected when the name of the network or network code appears on the phone's display to confirm availability of the service. If a Dual or Tri-Band phone is being used, manual selection may be required to switch between bands to use the desired network.
|Before Leaving Pakistan
Jazz International Roaming customers must ensure they have activated their IR by calling the Mobilink Helpline at 111 and ensure sufficient balance on their Jazz card before departure. It is recommended that Rs. 1,500 balance be available.
To check balance:
- Dial *111# OR
- Call 123 & press 1 to listen to the remaining balance
|Some Helpful Information
|Making local and international calls
A local call is a call to any number in the country in which you are roaming. For example, if you are in the UK, all calls made to numbers in the UK will be local calls.
Simply dial the area code followed by the desired number to make such a call.
All calls made to Mobilink numbers and other numbers in Pakistan will be treated as international calls. Calls made to other countries than the one you are roaming in will also be considered as international calls. For example, if you are in the UK and call a Mobilink number, the call will be an international call. Also, any call made to countries outside the UK will be international calls.
Simply dial 00 or + followed by the country code, city code and the desired number to make an international call. For example, 00 92 300 XXX XXXX.
To Send an SMS message
To send an SMS message to a Mobilink number while on roaming, simply enter 00 92 300 followed by the subscriber number. For example, if the number dialed while in Pakistan is 0300 XXX XXXX, simply key in 00 92 300 XXX XXXX and press SEND.
To send an SMS message to any other subscriber, key in 00 or + followed by the country code of the subscriber, the mobile network code (without the zero) followed by the mobile number. For example, if the number of a UK subscriber is 0778 XXX XXXX, simply key in 00 44 778 XXX XXXX and press SEND.
To Reload Balance
Simply key in *123* followed by the 14 digit number on your scratch card then # and press SEND.